Sunday, October 16, 2011

DIY Burlap Runner


{No Sew Burlap Runner}
I love the look of burlap, especially in the fall! I currently don't own a sewing machine {this would explain why all my curtains still haven't been hemmed}, but after seeing a burlap runner at Pottery Barn with frayed edges, I figured we'd give this DIY a go. I picked up several yards from JoAnn's, cut to length and width, then removed about 5-7 strands from all 4 sides {photo top right}. I made two ~ one for our coffee table and one for our outdoor patio. This project took all of 20 minutes to make both!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! Great inspiration, and not to mention, they both look amazing :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this on pinterest and I have a question...have you tried washing them and have they unraveled more in the wash? I am wanting to make a table runner and would also like to make placemats, but thinking that I should throw a stitch around the sides (just inside of the raveled edges to prevent unraveling more than I want). Would love your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete